Sunday, January 3, 2010

Wet n Wild


  I know my order is reversed here, but this ride was too fun to not share.  The day before the New Years ride Jen, Stef, and myself went out for a cold ride off the 14 in beautiul Santa Clarita.  The weather was an ominous foe turned friend on this ride.  The drive to the trailhead was marked full of doubt and fear, afraid that this new ride I was going on was gonna be cancelled due to muddy conditions.  Anger, how does it only rain on my days off! Anyways, enough about my inner turmoil. I got to the trail and although the rain had slowed to a drizzle, the wind was still howling through the canyon, taunting us to gear up and pedal into the fog soaked mountains.  Needless to say, we ain't skeered.  Helmets on, CamelBak's over our jackets, and up we went.  After a long grind up the fire roads and passed Viper, we got to the top of Nature Center, my first time on what had been described as a fast flowy singletrack, full of sweepers and walled out turns.  Who could resist?  As we dropped off the fire road and into the trees all I could think was if, Cradle of Filth were to make a music video about mountain biking, this would be it!  Skeletons of trees, fog so thick you couldn't see the next turn 'til you were half way in it and an eerie silence only broken by the wind rushing through the trees, or me yelling YEEHAW...  Well, after all is said and done, this trail kicked ass and I highly recommend it to anyone who doesn't mind a bit of a climb.  Take it easy and keep the rubber down!

No comments:

Post a Comment