Thursday, July 29, 2010





Howdy all, in preparation for this evenings adventure to the legendary Jimmy Mac's house, I have dug through some pictures from my recent trip to BC. During the BC Bike Race we made plenty of great new friends and shared a bunch of laughs together. One of those people was JJ, who I'd like to call Nacho.

The final night of BCBR was a huge banquet party at a very swanky Whistler hotel. After spending the final evening with the 700 or so people who were our family for the week, we parted ways. Nacho, like many of the other race workers lived near Whistler and plenty of hot tips for the goings on for the week we were staying. The Chromag Family has an incredible pump track hidden back up in the woods at a top secret location which I can not share with the likes of you. However, what I can say is that everyone there was super friendly and welcoming. Although we brought a total of 5 bikes with us, neither of us had the appropriate machine for the pump track and subsequently we were allowed full use of the slut bikes. Pump tracks may not look very fun to an observer, though it is one of those things that, when you're on it, you'll be huffing air and feeling weak long before you get bored. Each time we exit the track for a breather we all share the same stupid grin on our faces. Here's a video from Chromag's site, this video does not do the track justice however. Nonetheless, enjoy and stay tuned for pics from the MBA pumptrack tonight.

(Pumptrack Tuesday's, it's about half way down for the illiterate)

http://chromagbikesblog.blogspot.com/

On another note, the rest of the pictures are from the drive home. Seattle has an incredible bike park under the I-5. If you have driven through the city you wouldn't have even know that there were people like Scott Toepfer getting sick air and crashing his face off right below your very car! If you are ever driving up north and looking for a "break" I highly recommend a stop. It'll certainly wake you up for the last little stretch of driving up to Whistler, a nice warm up too. Though, it is a bit of a bummer when it's as hot as is was while we were there. It's not always the most comfortable thing being completely sweaty and covered in dirt then have to hop in a van for several hours. Though, we made good use of the local hose. OH and I totally forgot. Portland Oregon is home to quite possibly the coolest donut shop in the world, http://voodoodoughnut.com/ This visit we were luckier than most. Upon walking up to the counter to order, our punk rockish bohemian looking server asks us if we're planned on buying donuts. Naturally, we did come to the best donut store EVER, to buy donuts. She informs us that if we are nice, she will give us a special donut surprise. How can I resist, I have a sweet tooth the size of Texas. "I'm the nicest guy you've ever met!" She is quite surprised at this response and she lights up as she says, follow me. I turn and look to Colby and Scott with what I'm sure can best be described as my usual shit eating grin, and prepare to be amazed. She points to a 5 gallon bucket full of donuts that were left over from that mornings grave yard shift. "Take em" she says. I'm in disbelief, all of em? How much? Why? All thoughts running through my head, like it was some sort of horrible prank and she was waiting for me to grab em before she slapped my hand or something. Nope, it was true, the donuts were ours and off we were back on the road with a van that stunk full of deep fried goodness. Next stop, Lipitor.

Bring the fun


No comments:

Post a Comment