Thursday, September 2, 2010

Ramble On






After spending some time in Marin County last weekend I took a beautiful drive up to Truckee and North Lake Tahoe to ride Northstar bike park. I gotta say, I was quite impressed as I had not been up there in years and they have put some serious work in. It ended up being a pretty amazing weekend all around. I ran into a bunch of people I knew who were also up there riding from all over. What I thought was going to be some alone time riding a bike park soon turned into party trains slaying the fast dusty trails of Northstar. Can't wait to get up there again with a healthy knee and some more time! The trails are pretty amazing and if you like fast loose and rocky lines thrown in between some nice trees, you'll feel right at home dancing your bike down the mountain. Live Wire was nothing like A-line as everyone had been claiming for years, (In my opinion). I did find some of the hits and parts of this trail to be more fun than A-line however. Grins all around for sure.
Anyhow, on the way back I decided it was important to make a stop in the town of Lodi. After hearing CCR sing about it so many times, I decided I needed to take a gander for myself. Aside from the amazing western store I went into, that place is pretty drab. I would not want to be stuck there myself for any amount of time. Let alone seven months.
RIde On

No comments:

Post a Comment