Tuesday, December 8, 2009

CHANTRY FLATS

Last week I was lucky enough to get out and ride with Ian, our local rep for Intense bikes, Dakine gear, and Shimano.  We'd been trying to get together to ride for quite some time now and he had just the perfect spot to go! Up off the 210 at Santa Anita Rd is a trail head for one of the best and most surreal XC rides I've done in the L.A. area hands down.  This trail had me grinning like a fat kid at a Hostess cupcake convention!  Now, I love a lot of things but, mountain biking has got to be one of the best things in my life.  No matter how long I've been doing it or where I go, the pure joy and awe of heading out on a new ride through beautiful country always makes me feel warm and fuzzy.  Chantry Flats hugs the side of a very steep mountain winding in and out as we climbed a couple miles up.  From there on out was a full on swoopy buff single track sprinkled with leaves from the brightly colored trees overhead.  As we flew down the hill leaves flying into the air, we grab brake for our first of about 5 creek crossings.  I was a total baby on the first one, my new bike, I felt so guilty punishing it like this right away, but, what the hell, its only a bike right. Water spraying up and splashing all over we picked up our speed and again navigate through large sections of limestone and come up on several old cabins quietly sitting in the woods... Think I'll be back with a sleeping bag and some firewood.  Pictures soon to come
ftw

No comments:

Post a Comment