Friday, August 27, 2010

There's No Helmets In Klunking






I'm in a rush and low on battery but the long and the short of the day was this. I had deep fried French Toast for breakfast. (Automatically means the rest of your day will kick ass no matter what) Did I already mention the French Toast?
Anyways, next I went to Fairfax met some friendly locals and went for a ride up the highly revered Mt Tam. This is like a pilgrimage for mountain bikers and I truly feel like a man now. As a side note, since I wasn't really planning on doing any trail riding, all I had was my single speed, 1 water bottle and no other trail riding gear. So, it was an interesting ride, but hey if you're gonna ride anywhere without a helmet, this is the place to do it. Aside from not having a helmet I also didn't have a pump, which normally wouldn't be a big deal except that my bike had a pretty fast leak and I was just able to find 3 people throughout my ride who had pumps to use, with little to no back tracking. Lots of swear words though.

After reaching the beautiful peak of Mt. Tam I turned around and jammed down the hill in hopes to make it back to my van in Fairfax with enough air in my tires to not send my helmetless carcass to the boulders at an extremely high rate of speed. (Long sentence, I told you I'm tired) After getting to the van I took a French bath and headed over to visit my friend Mike over at Marin Bikes. Mike gave me the 24 cent tour and I must say, I was impressed. Apparently before Marin bought the building it was owned by the Grateful Dead and was there hang out and recording studio. I got to see their old sound room and some of their left over equipment. I think I still smelled dope in that room. After the tour we hung out in the office a bit and headed back to freshen up for some tasty burritos. Now, on a full belly and an empty brain, the night's scheming begins.
FTW

1 comment:

  1. has anyone told you how ridiculously good looking you are? well .... I just did. :)
    this post makes me HUNGRY, thanks.

    ReplyDelete